Sushant Singh Rajput
At the The Telegraph office in June 2017
• Everybody is in a hurry to decode you in a certain way, and then they expect you to adhere to their definition. How can they possibly do that when you yourself are finding it hard to discover yourself?
• I think people generally are lost, as they keep thinking about what is going to happen and what they have done. They are not alive any more. The art of listening is missing. In their head, they are doing something else
• The only strong opinion that I have about myself is that I don’t have any opinions
• Instead of sounding pretentious, phony, or repetitive, I’d rather not speak
• Since I think I am very boring in normal life, I tend to hide behind all these exciting characters, making people believe that I am someone else entirely. That feeling is very powerful
• For me, the opposite of happiness isn’t sadness but boredom
• I am not bothered with whether my characters are conventional or not.
• Because I am not in this for the designer labels and the autograph I am not saying that those who crave for conventional stardom are wrong in their aspirations. But that’s not what I want