What is high frequency when used in beauty treatment? It comes from electro therapy devices. In salons, it is commonly called “ozone therapy”. This is either given as part of facial treatments or scalp treatments to achieve several results.
1. Accelerates blood circulation.
2. If used on scalp, promotes hair growth and prevents hair loss.
3. Maintains pH balance in hair and skin.
4. Strengthens the nutrient supply.
5. Increases the production of the protiens collagen and elastin; improves overall skin texture.
6. Gently exfoliates the skin.
Hairdressers have been using this treatment to revitalise scalp condition, which helps to promote hair growth and renew cells. It’s a safe treatment to go ahead with.
So next time when your hairdresser tells you he is going to use high frequency, relax and enjoy the process, because it’s to give you quick and good results.
The columnist manages Ishrat’s Hair & Skin Studio, Lord Sinha Road, Calcutta