Benzoyl peroxide is an amazing ingredient for fighting acne and pimples. It unclogs your pores, kills bacteria and removes dead skin cells, though it comes with a few restrictions.
• It treats acne, working well on particularly those that cause inflammation or red bumps that have pus in it.
• It treats cystic acne, a severe type of acne, which is difficult to treat. But if you have this type of acne, consult with the doctor first before using it.
• It helps in treating acne scars by shedding dead skin cells and making scars less prominent.
• If you have super sensitive skin consult with your dermatologist before using it
• Be careful while applying its very strong ointment. It may bleach your hair or clothing
• it might lead to skin drying if applied too much, or make skin sensitive.
Note: Consult with a dermatologist before using it.
The columnist creates a range of hairstyles at Ishrat’s Hair & Skin Studio, Lord Sinha Road, Calcutta, which is now also offering consultation. Contact @inshratansar